The Foresight of adult education in 2035 is a projection to the desired future. The intention is to create as much of the future as possible by acting differently in the present.
For this purpose, the Foresight introduces megatrends as well as weak signals that affect adult education. It contains an overview of important future competences for every adult, and what kinds of competences adult educators will need.
The road to the desired future is ours to make. The foresight includes a vision, roadmap, based on the research, interviews and the intensive co-creation process by the project partners.
Our contribution to the roadmap, to take steps towards the vision, is that we have created an e-learning course for adult educators. E-LEARNING COURSE
Surfing independently and with your own speed you will find out about the importance of the selected competences, get useful worksheets for your educational activities, learn about scientific researches and discoveries on the course topics, reflect on your new knowledge and practice and improve your professional competences.
You can freely select the order of the modules and start, for example, with the most important or attractive topic for you. Personalised learning
- This module will help you implement personalised learning in your educational programmes, provide you with the tools and methods, worksheets and additional materials, which you can use with your learners and support them on their way to their expected learning outcomes. Here we pay attention to all the stages of the learning process. Active learning
- This module will support adults for becoming active learners, implementing various learning strategies, unlearning and relearning; Active learning is an instructional technique that involves learners' active participation in the learning process through a variety of activities and different learning strategies. Unlearning and relearning strategies are essential in the process.
At the end of this module you will be able to comprehend the advantages of active learning in the learning procedure and the importance of knowing and using different learning strategies. Holistic approach
- This module helps find the way to make the learning process deep and effective, involving intellectual, emotional, spiritual, physical and social aspects. We introduce the methods supporting holistic approach in education, pay attention to various learning environments, include mindfulness and embodiment practices and focus on the educator's wellbeing and prevention of burning out. Education for social entrepreneurship and community health
- The health of our planet and humanity's future are inseparable. The sustainability of both is a key theme of the module. We believe that social and ethical economy is a highly topical issue. Moreover we describe the citizens' social entrepreneurship as a strategical area of competences: a widespread form of entrepreneurship that is combined with the common good and social innovation. Another key theme is the ability to live in healthy communities and to develop the capability to manage one's health in a competent and conscious way.
We are aware that these issues are complex and broad. The module will allow to lay the foundations of knowledge useful for the society oriented educational work and to navigate towards personalized insights with the learners. Innovation and design thinking
- Design thinking is a user-centered approach to problem solving. Innovations are new solutions that bring added value to their users.
This module is an experiential learning process. It engages the participants to do practical experiments, to understand people around them, and to find potential solutions to challenges in their everyday work, as well as in their organization and among their students.
The module will help to develop entrepreneurial competences, such as empathy, communication, optimism, creativity and problem solving.
After finishing the module, the participants are able to apply design thinking in their everyday practices, as well as understand how they can push innovations forward.